The raspberries have been bountiful this summer! One of my favorite recipes for fresh raspberries from the garden is a salsa recipe that has a little kick to it without overwhelming the savory raspberry flavors.
RASPBERRY CILANTRO SALSA
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll’s Raspberries (about 2 1/4 cups fresh raspberries)
- 1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cups cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted (toasting is optional)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine raspberries, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, garlic, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Mash gently with a whisk or potato masher to release berry juices, leaving large pieces of raspberry in the salsa. Add sugar to taste.
- Chill 1 hour for flavors to blend. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Serve with chips or over fish or poultry.
Recipe from Driscoll’s, http://www.driscolls.com/recipes/view/3882/Raspberry-Cilantro-Salsa. I also like to add 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.