Since my current archive of photographs is not inspiring a response to this week’s photo challenge theme of “Kiss”, I will take this post opportunity to instead say thank you to several bloggers who have been kind enough over the past couple of months to pass awards my way! I enjoy reading others’ award posts for the opportunity to get to know a blogger a bit better, for the introduction to new blog voices out there, or for the reminder of old blog voices I have missed along the way.
Maddie at Breezy Books flattered me with the 2012 Blog of the Year Award. I have a Susan Hunter mystery loaded on my nook and look forward to finding time to read the first in the series authored by Maddie! Check out her often humor-filled posts, as well as her series of mystery books.
Across the Bored generously listed Travel. Garden. Eat. when nominating blogs for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I enjoy the varied nature of Across the Bored’s musings, and know you would, as well. I was flattered to receive another nomination for this award shortly thereafter from Hearing with the Eye! Sumithra is a young woman with an inspiring voice who I know will continue to make her mark on this world.
Taking to the Open Road nominated my blog for its first Versatile Blogger Award! Peggy’s blog takes readers all over the world with its travel photos and insights — a wonderful opportunity to vicariously travel while building the bucket list.
Another nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award came from Dorothy of Musings of a Horse Mom. Dorothy actually has a couple of different blogs that I enjoy, including Eyes to Heart (whose response to the photo challenge “Kiss” this week definitely touches your heart!).
I continue to enjoy so many of your blogs and am always amazed at all of the talent and creativity this world holds. In the interest of space and time, I will pick the “rules” of just one of the awards to pay it forward this time — the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
The rules of the award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. State 7 things about yourself:
- I will soon be accompanying my oldest son for several college visits in Boston and Washington, D.C., and look forward to enjoying fresh seafood that can be a scarce commodity in Minnesota!
- I came from two biochemist parents and to their horror took Physical Anthropology to satisfy my science credits for my undergraduate degree.
- I do not believe that food can have too much garlic.
- I am a night owl.
- I am a “Downton Abbey” fan.
- I am not sure I will be able to finish my book club’s next read, “Big Breasts Wide Hips” by Mo Yan, the winner of the 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Despite living in Minnesota for over 20 years, I enjoyed my first sauna only a few years ago. (Look for a future post on Minnesota sauna culture soon!)
4. Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them.
I would like to recognize some of the more recent blogs I have been delighted to discover:
- breathofgreenair ~ mindfulness, relaxation, thought provoking images and poems
- Eagle-Eyed Editor ~ Making you laugh and learn about writing, editing, social media and more!
- Day by Day the Farm Girl Way ~ Simple life on a little piece of land.
- Majella Home Cooking ~ Regional Italian Food & Memories
- Transplanted Tatar ~ Travel of the hidden-treasure, off-season variety
Ciao! ~ Kat