When the local television station has this for their forecast …
… I feel the anxiety levels rise. I can’t afford wasting that negative energy over the next 48 hours.
Last night I went for a relaxing 3 mile run with my younger four-legged companion, who reminded me that at whatever speed, you just need to enjoy the experience …
As I sip on my Powerade, and get up from my desk every hour to keep the hamstrings relaxed, I present you with my:
Top 10 reasons I won’t let the warm forecast for Grandma’s Marathon freak me out.
1. Lake Superior’s waters will feel amazing when I am done. Who needs a post-race ice bath when you have the big Lake?!
2. If I have to walk some to finish I simply have more time to enjoy the spectacular scenery.
3. Grandma’s Marathon knows how to put on a race – whether it be cold or hot – I know I will be supported well.
4. That lift bridge medal is waiting for me at the end.
5. Free beer is waiting for me at the end.
6. I have run over 500 miles since training began in mid-January – including two 20-mile runs. I am ready.
7. Ice cream is waiting for me at the end.
8. I have a high-five to look forward to from our training group coach Tony Stensland at the Duluth Running Company, between miles 23 and 24.
9. The volunteers and community support along the course are awesome — from beer to bacon, from bagpipes …to troll dolls …. There’s some inspiration for everyone.
10. I am so grateful for the fact that I am able to run. I might not be able to some day, but Saturday will not be that day.
“There will be days you don’t think you can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime of knowing you have.” ~ Author Unknown
Let’s do this!! See you Saturday!
Ciao! ~ Kat